SAP MARKETPLACE is also known as SAP SERVICE MARKETPLACE.
This articles covers belows ponits:
- What is SAP MARKETPLACE.
- Why SAP MARKETPLACE is important for SAP Administrator.
- How we can access SAP Service marketplace.
- What can be done with SAP Service Marketplace.
Lets cover one by one-
What is SAP MARKETPLACE.
SAP Marketplace is single place provided By SAP for doing all support activities.Whenever we need anything from SAP interm of help,support,Sap softwares, SAP Marketplace is single place for it.
SAP MARKETPLACE In Deep
I am SAP Basis consultant,so i always need to download software patches,search and download SAP notes,Raise my system issue to SAP sothat SAP can look into my issue on regular basis ,These are mendatory actvities which we need to perfrom if we are in SAP support profile.
How this actvities can be done ? right ,with SAP Marketplace.
SAP Marketplace Login
You can access SAP Marketplace from link Access Sap Service Marketplace
But it will ask for OSS ID and password for acessing SAP service Marketplace.Refer Below post to get OSS ID to access SAP Service Marketplace.
Once you are looged in to SAP Service Marketplace ,Goto SAP SUPPORT PORTAL. Below is look and feel of SAP Service Marketplace which we get in SAP Support Prtal
What can be done with SAP Service Marketplace
In the above screenshot ,whatever is in Red box ,are the most importand activities for every SAP basis Admin and can be down with SAP Service Marketplace.
Overview of list of activities :
For most of the activites i have already posted articles ,I recommend to look into those articles for comple understanding.
SAP MARKETPLACE NOTES:
- Mange Remote Connection — > It is used for OSS connection to SAP , Please Read : OPEN OSS CONNECTION TO SAP SYSTEM
- Downlaod Software –> It is used for downlaoding Support Pack patches ,Upgrade Patches,Installation pathces,In sort a place for downloading all kind of software from SAP ,Example please Read:
- Request a key section –> It provies place to downlaod Object Key,Developer Key,any many others.Please Read:
- Report/View Incidents: –> From here we can raise SAP message if we need any help from SAP ,If we have Sev1 and we are not able to fix it, in that case we need to raise message to SAP. Before raising SAP message we need to open OSS connection to SAP so that that can access system in which we have issue: Please refer