· Whenever the ABAP developer wants to make changes to any of the SAP customized objects (i.e. the objects/programs that is there in the “Z” namespace) it require a Developer Key which is used to register user with SAP.
· Access key is used when we need to do some modification/create an object that doesn’t comes in the customer namespace(object beginning with "Z" or "Y").With the help of the access key we can do the modification on the standard SAP objects.
· Check for the installation number. For this navigate to System->Status as shown below:
· Note down the Installation Number
· Now login to service Market place. Link for the same is https://service.sap.com
· Then navigate to “Keys&Request” ->SSCR keys
· Click on “Register Developer”
· In the highlighted part enter the Installation Number for the respective system and click enter.
· Now enter the Userid for the developer key generation has been requested and select the Installation number and then click on “Register button”
· After that you will get one pop window showing the Developer key.
As explained earlier object key is used to make changes in the standard SAP objects.
This key will be available in service.sap.com
Object key requires no approval. So whenever we are provided with the AOTS request we can start working on the request without the need of any approval.
· Goto http://service.sap.com
· Goto Keys and request->SSCR Keys.
· Click Register Object
· This screen will appear
· Enter the basis release
· This will be mentioned in the ticket
· If it is not there it can also be found out.
· E.g. : if the access key is required in one of the objects in SYSTEM.
We login into SYSTEM and check for the status
From here we can find the SAP_BASIS to be 700.
· Then enter the Prog id,type and object name->these all information will be provided by the user in the ticket.
· Then enter the installation number which again can be checked from the status of the system.
· Once all the information is provided.
· Once Register Button is click it will generate an Object Key for the mentioned object.
· We can now provide the object key to the user.
Eg: the end user generally send the screen shot of the details like this
Here R3TR is the program id
FUGR is the type
/SAPAPO/MSDP_TIME is the object which is to be registered.
E.g. if we want to see which all are the users which are registered for the developer key in SYSTEM
Goto to SYSTEM
· In the table name Type DEVACCESS
· Click enter
· Click execute button.
· This will now show which all are the users which are registered to SAP and there developer key.
To check for the access key.
· Goto SE16
· Type ADIRACCESS
· Click enter
· Click execute
· This wil give the list of all the SAP Standard objects for which SAP ACCESS KEY is generated.
Here you'll get different set of tutorials <Beginner level ,Advance level ,SAP Upgrade related,Oracle Basis related ,Solution manager related >
Click to SAP BASIS Tutorials :