SAP HANA | INTRODUCTION
SAP HANA INTRODUCTION starts with Full Form of SAP HANA -“high-performance analytic appliance”.
From the Full Form It’s clear that HANA is appliance that can be deployed for high performance.
SAP HANA is in-memory database & platform which is deployed on- client place or in the cloud.
As we heard about Cache memory or Live-cache in SCM System ,We can relate SAP HANA with similar concept where complete Database is in Memory,
Why Now SAP HANA:
We know that SAP HANA is expensive software of SAP so Question comes in our mind: What is the need of SAP HANA now as we are already running our business on SAP Netweaver:
Below are some points which will help you to understand main reason behind migrating to SAP HANA now.
- Real Time Data Analysis Issue :Currently We have to load data from SAP ECC to SAP BW for doing analysis as we can’t do analysis on real time data due to big size of SAP ECC databse” also real time analysis is not possible in current scenario.
- High Cost with Big database : For big database , Cost for maintaining is also very high for Analysis purpose.
- Time/Performance Issue: As companies do analysis on stored data so it’s very time consuming process also we see high performance bottleneck very frequently.
All these limitation can be removed with implementation of SAP HANA as with SAP HANA we have direct access of Real time data and as it resides in memory so we can do analysis on real time data very fast.
Some Key Feature of SAP HANA:
- SAP HANA is in memory database.–>> All data is stored in RAM not in hard disk.
- SAP HANA is Based on row and column type of data-storage in database
- Current Data from ERP / BW reflects Immediately in Reports
- SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP deployed can be deployed on one server to save cost.
Please read HANA Start and Stop article :
and How to Peform SAP HANA MONITORING
Pingback: How to Peform SAP HANA MONITORING - SAP BASIS-1 SOLUTION
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this! I would love to buy you a coffee since I now won’t be up all night that has been driving me crazy (until now!!). I just wish I knew what was going wrong but so glad it’s in the right place now! Thanks again:)
We are running HANA1.0 SPS12 and would like to understand how to perform an export of all users at the DB layer (without a full DB backup/restore). To clarify not necessarily looking to export the schema (there would be no objects under the user’s schema), but rather security and all assigned roles. For example, if multiple users were deleted, could we periodically schedule an export so that that a particular user’s ID and assigned roles could then be imported rather than restoring the entire database? Another option, could we script the user and assigned roles as a CREATE statement (similar to what’s available in SQL Server at the database layer)?
Excellent tutorials – very easy to understand with all the details. I hope you will continue to provide more such tutorials.